Trying to cook any kind of BBQ with out the use of a best smoker thermometers is like learning how to walk with slippery shoes on a sheet of ice. It’s very hard to make a perfect slow cooked BBQ meal when the temperature of your smoker isn’t consistent.
Yes, some smokers and grills come with a built in thermometer, but if you think you can depend on that to get the perfect cooked meal, then you are in for a world of trouble and dry overcooked meat. You can avoid a lot of bad meals by simply going out and buying yourself a nice smoker thermometer.
A thermometer can help you take the guess work out of making the perfect steak, especially if everyone in your family likes their steaks cooked a different way. This can help you to cook each individual steak to the correct temperature and make everyone in your family happy.
Perfect steaks makes for a friendly family meal. A thermometer can also help you make sure you are getting chicken and pork cooked to the correct internal temperatures. You never want undercooked chicken or pork, this can result in dangerous and harmful bacteria being in your food.
Best Smoker Thermometers Buying Guide
What to look for when buying a best smoker thermometers.
What kind of thermometer are you looking for? Let’s start by explaining a few different types and what they can do for you.
Bluetooth wireless BBQ thermometer: If you are wanting something portable, then this can be for you. They are completely splash proof, which makes it able to withstand spills from marinades and beverages. It has to probes that are made of stainless steel and are grill and oven safe.
The sensors can read up to 393 degrees Fahrenheit and can withstand temperatures up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. This wireless thermometer can help you read your food’s temperatures no matter where you are, making it perfect for someone who doesn’t plan on standing and keeping watch over their food the entire time.
Instant read thermometer: Sometimes, you just want to keep things simple while cooking on your grill. These thermometers are highly rated because they are made to work well, plain and simple. These are one of the more durable and reliable thermometers that you can find.
The temperature changes will occur instantly, and they have a massive dial that is very easy for just about anyone to read. This can help and ensure you that you will always know when you need to make an adjustment to your food.
Our Top 5 Best Smoker Thermometers
Here we reviewed our Top 5 best smoker thermometers that are explained very well in every aspects.
The ThermoPro TP20 is a wireless remote digital cook food meat thermometer. This thermometer works for Smokers, grills, ovens, and BBQ. It has preset temperatures for 9 different types of meat and their recommended doneness levels according to the USDA. All of the pre-set temps can be reset according to your tastes and desires however.
- It has a Temperature Range of: 32°F to 572°F
- Temperature Accuracy: ±1.8°F
- Probe Length: 6.5″ It has a food grade stainless steel probe
- Cable Length: 40″ stainless steel mesh cable
- Remote Range: Up to 300 feet
- Certifications: FCC certified, CE certified, ROHS, FDA approved probe
- Uses: BBQ, Oven, Smoker, Grill, Meat, Food
- It has dual probe technology, this means that you can monitor two meats at once or you can monitor one meat and the oven/grill/smoker temp, both at the same time
- Both the probe and the wire can withstand temperatures up to 716 degrees Fahrenheit, making it almost impossible to burn or melt over periods of use.
- It has an alarm alert for programmed temperature and timer.
- There is a common problem found among the probes. One probe seems to read anywhere from 10-30 degrees higher than the other, even when both are inserted into the same spot of the same meat. Use an instant read thermometer to determine which one is right. Not a problem in every one of the thermometers, but has been a known problem in several.
That is best smoker thermometers. You can smoke something for 12-15 hours overnight, and place it beside your bed and check the temperature periodically throughout the night. It works well in an oven, grill, smoker, and for BBQ.
You get what you pay for, and paying a little higher of a price for this one compared to others of the same brand makes that statement true. It works better, and has more features then many of its competitors. It does often have a problem sometimes with one of the probes reading temperatures different than the other, but you should have no problem contacting the company and returning it for a replacement.
This is a long range wireless dual probe BBQ smoker meat thermometer set. This is the newest version and has a larger display and more added features. It is red in color. This has pre-set temperatures for 6 different meats and 9 different game meats that can also be re-set if desired to fit your personal tastes.
- This set includes 1 receiver,1 transmitter, 2 hybrid probes, and 2 grill clips
- You can monitor 2 separate things at once, whether it is 1 food and 1 BBQ; or 2 foods; or 2 BBQS, this lets you keep track of two different temperatures at the same time
- Settings are stored even when receiver is off
- Customize preset temperatures to personal taste
- Adjust temperature settings by pressing HI or LO
- Loss of signal alert sounds if you go out of range for more than 60 seconds
- Generous 300-foot wireless range
- Select between °F and °C
- It uses 4 AAA batteries which are also included
- With the two probes, you can easily monitor the temperature of 2 separate food items, making it easier to cook more types of food at once. The new, larger screen displays both of the different temperatures all of the time
- Has a larger screen, and it displays both the target high temperatures as well as the target low temperatures
- New pre-set temperatures include Beef, Veal, Lamb, Pork, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, Elk, Moose, Buffalo, Rabbit Boar, Duck, Bird, and Fish, helping to take the guess work out of getting the correct temperature for individual different types of meat
- Too many buttons which can make it difficult to figure out and set up properly without reading the instructions every single time you go and try to use it
- Sometimes you have to turn it on and off several times to get the temperature sensor to sync with the receiver
It is made quite well, and the different settings and pre-set meat temperatures come in handy. However, this may not be the best beginner thermometer or for someone who doesn’t like to read instructions thoroughly.
It can be difficult to learn what all the different buttons are for, but once you figure everything out, it can be a very durable and reliable thermometer to have, and makes cooking multiple meats at the same time easier to do.
This is a remote wireless digital coking meat thermometer with a timer. The wireless receiver has a range of up to 300 foot. It will beep and flash when your meat has reached the desired temperature you have programmed in. The cooking thermometer is pre-set with 9 different types of meat with temperatures that are recommended by the USDA. All pre-set temperatures can be re-set to fit your personal tastes.
- It has a large backlit LCD display that will change color during the cooking process (blue, green, and red)
- STEP-DOWN probe tip design to get the temperature more quickly and precisely
- Programmed with preset USDA approved temperatures for 9 different types of meat (Ground Beef, Ground Poultry, Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Poultry, Lamb and Fish)
- Program your own temperature settings manually
- Countdown and count up timer
- Automatic shut off feature
- Transmitter has wire to either hook on oven door or use as a stand
- It has a one year warranty, and the probe has a lifetime warranty. This means that no matter what happens, they will gladly replace your thermometer within one year of purchase for any reason, and they will replace the probe in the case of it malfunctioning or burning up for the rest of your life
- Wireless lets you walk around your yard, do house hold chores, and even go to sleep, all while being able to occasionally look at the thermometer to see the temperature readings. It also has an alarm that notifies you when in reaches the desired temperature, therefor, you can slow cook something overnight without the fear of overcooking and drying out your food
- Once you start the timer there is no way to re-set it or to change the time in any way. You have to pull that batteries out, put them back in, and then re-set the time
- The screen never stops flashing. The lights change from blue to green when the desired temperature is reached and from green to red if the temperature has gone higher than what you desire. However, it constantly flashes, not only when it is telling you it has reached the desired temp or gone to high, but even when blue, it flashes the entire time and can become quite annoying and distracting
Other than a few shortcomings, this is by far a best smoker thermometers. It is very durable and reliable, and can have you cooking like a gourmet chef in no time. Between having pre-set temperatures that can take the guesswork out of figuring out the right temperatures for certain meats, it also allows you to set your own temperatures, allowing you to adjust everything to fit your taste and desired outcome.
This is a wireless remote, meat cooking electronic thermometer. It can be used for oven, BBQ, grill and smoker and it has dual probes. The wireless remote has a range of up to 300 foot, allowing you to watch the game, entertain guess, do house hold chores, or even sleep if you are smoking something overnight. It has a backlight, allowing you to see the screen even in dim light or complete darkness.
- It has a large, backlit LCD display allowing you to see the screen in dim light or at night time if you want to place it on your nightstand and check it throughout the night while slow cooking something
- You can set your own temperature settings manually
- Countdown and count up timer
- It has a temperature Range of 32˚F to 572˚F
- It has a probe Length of 6 ½” that is made of food grade stainless steel and a 3″ oven/BBQ stainless steel probe
- The Cable Length is 40″ and is a stainless steel mesh cable
- It can be used as a BBQ, Oven, Smoker, Candy, Meat, and general Food thermometer
- With a range of 300 feet and a backlit LCD display screen, you can do just about anything you need to do while keeping track of your food’s temperature
- One year warranty which makes buying it feel like a safer option. When you see the word warranty, you know they stand by what the sell, that way if you do have any problems or issues with your device, you can have it replaced without having to worry about losing your money in the long run
- The wireless receiver sometimes has issues when picking up the signal and shows no information even though the transmitter still works good
Sometimes there is a defect in the receiver not wanting to pick up the signal, however, if this does happen, the company is happy to replace your faulty one with one that works properly. Therefore, I personally don’t see this as too much of an issue considering the price is not bad, and the thermometer itself, when it working condition, works like no other. It is an amazing thermometer, and it will get the job done and do what you want it to do.
This is a wireless food thermometer with a stainless steel probe. It is mainly used for meats such as chicken and pork, and for BBQ. RISEPRO ET925-2BK has a transmitter probe that will constantly send temperature updates to your portable device, making cooking that much easier considering you don’t have to stand watch the entire time. It is operated by a single probe meaning it is designed for measuring the temperature of one single item.
- It has a new rubberized finish
- Extra-large LCD with backlight
- Measures single temperatures by one probe at a time with a second probe provided as spare for future replacement purposes
- Material of Temp Probe: Durable stainless steel probe with 1m heat resistant wire
- 8 meat modes: BEEF, VEAL, LAMB, PORK, CHICKEN, TURKEY, FISH & HAMBURGER
- 5 taste levels: RARE, MEDIUM RARE, MEDIUM, MEDIUM WELL & WELL DONE
- Count Down and Count Up Timer function
- Power Source: 2pcs of AAA-sized battery for monitor unit (included) 2pcs of AAA-sized battery for transmitter unit (included)
- Item size: 7.28 x 3.94 x 1.99 inches (185 x 100 x 50 mm)
- Item weight: 6oz (70 g)
- Not only is it programmed with different types of meats and the USDA recommended cooking temperatures but it is also programmed with the different doneness levels of rare, medium, medium-rare, and well done. It also knows that there are certain meats that cannot be cooked under-done and will not let you choose the rare setting for meats such as chicken
- Comes with a spare probe in case something happens to the first one
- Comes with a carrying case that makes it easier to store and carry the device and the included accessories
- It tends to work well on the first use and to never work again after that constantly giving super high readings even after replacing the batteries and putting in a new probe
Seems to be made well, and has several functions that make it a nicer thermometer. First time using it, it normally works, but after that it intends to not work so well. Likes to say the meat is done within 5 minutes of starting, and sometimes reads done immediately. Has even read high temps when being a room temperatures before even being inserted into meat.
Final Verdict of Best Smoker Thermometers
Smoker thermometers are an awesome device to have around. If you like to grill, BBQ, smoke, or even cook inside, a thermometer comes in handy. You always want to have the perfect meal, especially if you plan on having a party or a get to gather with friends or family.
Best smoker thermometers can help you feel at ease knowing that everything is cooked to proper temperatures and that your no serving raw or overcooked food to your guests. They also come wireless, that way you have more time to mingle and interact with your guests instead of seeming rude because you are having to stand by the food the entire time to ensure that it is being cooked properly.
They are definitely not a waste of money, and you will get your money’s worth once you make a couple of perfectly cooked meals with little to no effort on your part.